2013: PRESIDENT OBAMA’S LOST YEAR
From the Republican National Committee’s Research Division. Click here for all the details!
NEW HAMPSHIRE’S REPUBLICAN BUDGET APPROVED – July 1, 2013
- Led by the Republican Senate, New Hampshire’s recently approved budget sees no new taxes or fees.
- The budget, which was approved by both houses, successfully defeated the unnecessary 30 cent tobacco tax increase and the 12 cent gas tax hike.
- Four business tax reductions which were passed in the 2011-2012 session will be implemented as planned.
- The Republican Senate’s budget ushered in more government transparency by successfully eliminating the proposal which would have allowed the Governor to raid any dedicated fund at any amount as needed.
- The School Choice Tax Credit Program was preserved under the watchful eye of Senate Republicans.
- Educational programs such as UNIQUE had funding restored rather than diverted to other programs. The same was done with the LCHIPS program.
Governor Hassan continues to mislead Granite State voters by taking credit for the hard work of Senate Republicans to cover up her failed budgetary leadership.